5 reasons to choose bamboo as a sustainable replacement for plastic
Bamboo wood is increasingly being used to replace plastics for fashion accessories like sunglasses and watches as well as other daily use products such as bottles, drinking straws, tooth brushes, make-up brushes, hair brushes, etc.
Bamboo is also being used to make electronic items like keyboards, mice and speakers. So much so that BMW and Lexus are considering bamboo variants as a replacement for plastic and wood in car interiors. Bamboo is a simple and sustainable replacement for plastics that are widely considered a threat to the environment.
Here are five reasons to choose bamboo over plastic:
1. Bamboo is naturally organic and does not require fertlizers or pesticides for growth enchancement.
2. Bamboo releases 35% more oxygen than other woods
3. Bamboo grows really rapidly. Some variants of bamboo can grow as much as 3 feet in a single day without any fertilizers or pesticides
4. The roots of bamboo are not damaged during harvesting, which means that it never needs to be replanted
5. Bamboo is naturally antibacterial & hypoallergenic
More and more people are accepting bamboo as a natural replacement for bamboo is their daily lives and helping the environment. Are you ready to take the plunge too?